+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Lacie Ethernet RAID in Technical; Anyone used one of these? We're having a few problems getting our backup software - Yosemite 8.5 - to talk ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Lacie Ethernet RAID

Anyone used one of these? We're having a few problems getting our backup software - Yosemite 8.5 - to talk to it! I've e-mailed Yosemite for advise but thought I'd ask here incase someone had any experience.

It appears that the Lacie is insisting on user authentication to any shares. With that in mind we have binded it to Active Directory for authentication as we feel this would be easier to manage than adding individual users to the Lacie itself.

It appears that the Yosemite software will not authenticate in anyway with the Lacie. We have mapped the share on the Lacie to a drive letter on the server. As domain administrators we have full access to this share. The drive mapping works, but Yosemite can't seem to use it.

We have even tried running the Yosemite service logged in as domain administrator in the service console.

Does anyone know if there is a way of completely disabling the requirement for user authentication on the Lacie boxes?

Cheers

Terry.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Anyone used one of these? We're having a few problems getting our backup software - Yosemite 8.5 - to talk to it! I've e-mailed Yosemite for advise but thought I'd ask here incase someone had any experience.

It appears that the Lacie is insisting on user authentication to any shares. With that in mind we have binded it to Active Directory for authentication as we feel this would be easier to manage than adding individual users to the Lacie itself.

It appears that the Yosemite software will not authenticate in anyway with the Lacie. We have mapped the share on the Lacie to a drive letter on the server. As domain administrators we have full access to this share. The drive mapping works, but Yosemite can't seem to use it.

We have even tried running the Yosemite service logged in as domain administrator in the service console.

Does anyone know if there is a way of completely disabling the requirement for user authentication on the Lacie boxes?

Cheers

Terry.
    Drive mappings are for users only and don't apply to services. You may need to see who the tapeware service is running as and may want to try changing it to administrator as that user is allowed to access network services where system is not. You will need to use the unc path to the storage, as there will be no drive mappings available.

3. Thanks to DMcCoy from:

tmcd35 (20th August 2008)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure I tried this combination. The service is running as Administrator. I'll try again with a direct UNC path. Let you know how I get on...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't know what to say? It's working !?! I could have swore I tried that combination. U usually prefer UNC paths and was only trying drive mappings out of shear desperation!

I guessed the software needed running as Administrator and changed that yesterday. Weired.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread