+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Aruba Machine Auth (RADIUS) in Technical; I've just taken delivery of a shiny new Aruba MC800 controller and some AP61s to give us some nice site ...

Thank Post

Question Aruba Machine Auth (RADIUS)

I've just taken delivery of a shiny new Aruba MC800 controller and some AP61s to give us some nice site wide coverage. I'm moving away from my old fat-AP infrastructure of Netgear WG302s to use the thin-AP Aruba in order to improve handover and channel management etc.

My config is as follows:
    School WLAN 11b/g network set across all APs, set to use WPA/TKIP with RADIUS auth pointing to a Windows 2k3 IAS box.

The only IAS rule is:
    "Windows Group Matches *mydomain*\Domain Computers;*mydomain*\Domain Users"

This profile worked fine with the Netgears, and I haven't changed the policy since upgrading to Aruba. If i log a machine on under cached credentials, for example as Administrator, it will then connect to the WiFi authenticating as a USER. Problem is that the MACHINE will not authenticate to give me the ability to logon wirelessly from the Ctrl+Alt+Del Screen.

I get this error in IAS Log Viewer: "IAS_AUTH_FAILURE"

Anyone know if I've missed a stupid tickbox in the Aruba config somewhere (after all there are a lot of them!) Config Dumps and Screenshots are available if anyone knows what they're doing!

Many Thanks all

Scott

Thank Post
    *Bump* Anyone any ideas on this? Please.....?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottStevinson View Post
    I've just taken delivery of a shiny new Aruba MC800 controller and some AP61s to give us some nice site wide coverage. I'm moving away from my old fat-AP infrastructure of Netgear WG302s to use the thin-AP Aruba in order to improve handover and channel management etc.

My config is as follows:
    School WLAN 11b/g network set across all APs, set to use WPA/TKIP with RADIUS auth pointing to a Windows 2k3 IAS box.

The only IAS rule is:
    "Windows Group Matches *mydomain*\Domain Computers;*mydomain*\Domain Users"

This profile worked fine with the Netgears, and I haven't changed the policy since upgrading to Aruba. If i log a machine on under cached credentials, for example as Administrator, it will then connect to the WiFi authenticating as a USER. Problem is that the MACHINE will not authenticate to give me the ability to logon wirelessly from the Ctrl+Alt+Del Screen.

I get this error in IAS Log Viewer: "IAS_AUTH_FAILURE"

Anyone know if I've missed a stupid tickbox in the Aruba config somewhere (after all there are a lot of them!) Config Dumps and Screenshots are available if anyone knows what they're doing!

Many Thanks all

Scott
    Hi Scott,

Can you send some screenshots of ias configuration and also errors relating to IAS in event viewer.

Ash.

Thank Post
    @Ash: I've sent you a PM.

Thank Post
    In the end I wiped my Aruba Controller and started from scratch. Seems to be working okay now. Would anyone find a guide useful for a simple single VLAN, single subnet network like mine with IAS? If so, I'll write up what I did. (More complicated stuff is covered by Aruba docs, but haven't found any simple scenarios)

Scott

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread