+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, TechNet subscriber in Technical; Does anyone know if the support incidents are per year the website does not make it clear. I was going ...

Thank Post

TechNet subscriber

Does anyone know if the support incidents are per year the website does not make it clear. I was going to call for a SMS , WSUS syn problem
    looked at logging it on the website but cant find any were to put technet details.Only the payment details or software assurance details.

see below

Technical Support Incidents
    As a TechNet Plus or TechNet Direct subscriber, you are entitled to receive two (2) complimentary incidents and a 20 percent discount on any additional phone incidents you purchase.* These support incidents can be used to resolve technical break-fix issues and are the equivalent of paid Professional Support incidents.

To redeem complimentary incidents or purchase additional discounted support incidents, you must first create a support contract and get an Access ID. To set up your contract, select the phone number in your region from the Technical Support Phone Numbers list below. Please have your Subscriber ID Number (Benefit Access Number) available.

After the support contract is created, you can use your professional support incidents by phone or online. Contact information is available on the Microsoft Online Assisted Support page.

* Discounts on pay-per-incident support are available only in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Poland, Denmark, Spain, Austria, Ireland, Finland, South Africa, Greece, Liechtenstein, Faeroe Islands, Gibraltar, Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Australia, and New Zealand.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's for the duration of your subscription.

I've just played this game (but for an MSDN subscription). Phone the contact number on the MS web site and explain that you have a Technet subscription which gives you free incidents. They probably won't know what you're talking about but will put you through to someone who can set up the contract for you. That then gives you a magic number - you then call back the number you started with and quote that number and you will eventually be able to log a call.

the whole process took me about 3 days - during that time, i managed to find the answer anyway :-)

Thank Post
    I only use my Technet Subscription for the freebies and the Technet Library. Never though about using the support incidents as you can usually find all the answers you need on the intermaton.

Thank Post
    I have a question about the Microsoft Support incidents.

Our school has a Microsoft Schools agreement and as part of this we have 2 complimentary support calls free of charge and I wanted to use one of them just to get advice from a Microsoft expert to check my whole windows domain and ensure everything is ok. Theres nothing wrong with the network its more of an expert just checking everything is ok and advise to improve things.

Do you think I could use a support agreement for this type of call or do you think it can only be used for issues arising with Microsoft software?

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure you won't get anything for that - you're going to be asked for symptoms etc and they will then fix the problem for you.

What you need is an expert of some sort to have a look at things; the trouble with this is that there are a lot of cowboys out there who will come and charge you £1,000+ per day to look at it and will end up telling you what you already know!

Microsoft do consultancy and I understand that their guys are generally good but I don't think they're cheap.

I'd start on the MS web site, looking at white papers (search for things using the term "best practice") and also download all the best practice analysers - there are various for AD, Group Policies, Exchange and possibly others. If you run these, they'll analyse a lot of stuff about your network and tell you what's good/bad and link you to docs which can help fix (if necessary!)

6. Thanks to srochford from:

ranj (3rd December 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    What you need is an expert of some sort to have a look at things
    Fancy a trip up to Birmingham?

If not I'll do it for £750 per day

You could ask a Network Manager you know / trust from another school to come in, or perhaps someone from the Local Council as they will be much cheaper.
    Last edited by somabc; 3rd December 2008 at 11:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Really should renew my TechNet & MSDN (i think that renews with my School3 SA anyway?) subscriptions this time..

Thank Post
    Just renewed our schools agreement last month but went with a different supplier, and I have noticed that on the software assurance section the 2 complimentary support calls have disappeared. Have they been taken out of schools agreements?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread