+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Symantec Ghost Solution Suite License HELP!!! in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite License HELP!!!

Ok, here's the deal,

Last August I brought Ghost Solution Suite 2 with 78 licenses. Worked fine not a problem.

Now, we have a need for just under 150 licenses so i go to pugh.co.uk and talk to the sales rep about buying more licenses. He tells me that solution suite 2.5 is out so i would have to buy that. I asked him if the 78 licenses i already have would work and he said YES. So i purchase another 70 licenses from him and a set of solution suite 2.5 media.

I finally get the license details via email and set about installing 2.5 on my server. Go to register the license files with the console and get a message saying the licenses are from a previous version and cannot be used with 2.5. Not a big deal as the media was only £16 so i thought i'd re-install suite 2 and register all the licenses with that. - nope can't do that either...

I've installed solution suite 2 on a NEW server.. Registered the old license and it shows as 78 registered in the console... i then register the new license whic should take the license up to 148 but...... it doesnt... It now shows only 70 !!!???

Symantec support are useless... been on and off the phone to them for a good hour and a half and havn't got anywhere!!!!

Thank Post
    You can use more than one license, you can't use more than one license on the console, you would need a separate console for each type.

You will find symantec very unhelpful.

Thank Post
    so your saying i need to install suite 2 on one server and 2.5 on another just to make use of all the licenses????

After speaking to symantec for what seemed like hours, i was told that they are going to send me a new license file based on the two certificate numbers that i provided them with. This should then give me 1 file which SHOULD provide me with all 148 licenses in the console....

I'm not holding my breath though..

Oh and i forgot to mention that before all of this they wouldn't put me through to technical support because i hadn't paid for it... Bunch of W4nk£r5!!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure pugh was wrong (which is unusual!) - Symatec licenses generally aren't "backwards compatible" (so I wouldn't expect you to be able to use the "old" software with the new codes or vice versa) which is a real pain.

Not going to defend Symantec (can't stand the company!) but if they have a system which says "if you want phone support then you have to pay for it" I don't see why anyone should expect to get phone support without paying!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Not going to defend Symantec (can't stand the company!) but if they have a system which says "if you want phone support then you have to pay for it" I don't see why anyone should expect to get phone support without paying!
    I agree, but i wasn't asking them to help me with a major technical problem. all i wanted them to do was tell me why my licenses were not showing up in the console. After all i have paid for the licenses but there not working . . .

bio
    Thank Post
    Weird indeed... we also got 900 GSS 2.0 licenses but we could upgrade them to version 2.5 by clicking Upgrade license in the symantec license portal.

bio..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread