+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Email Confirmation Needing SMTP server in Technical; I am setting up a website and i have a Email Confirmation script, i need to setup this in the ...
    Thank Post

Email Confirmation Needing SMTP server

I am setting up a website and i have a Email Confirmation script, i need to setup this in the php.ini but i am unsure on what to put for the smtp setting, any ideas Thanks Steven.

Thank Post
    Is the site hosted on your own server or is it shared? Who is your host?

You may find that your SMTP address will be something like mail.yourdomain.com or smtp.yourdomain.com but it will depend on how the server is configured.

Thank Post
    The Server is my own and it is running Windows Server 2003 and Apache and we need to configure the php.ini but im not sure on how to setup the smtp server to work with what, please could you add me to msn: skellett05@msn.com Thanks Steve.

Thank Post
    your smtp server needs to be a mail server. It's likely you have an outgoing mail server you can use supplied by your ISP. taht said most isp's will only let you use their smtp server on a line owned by then, so if your home isp is abc.net and your remote web server is conencted to the internet by xyz.com you wont be able to use your isp's smtp.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    When you say it's "your own" do you mean personally your own, at home on an ISP connection or "your own" as in "my school's"? If the former then you need to find the address of your ISP's SMTP server (assuming they provide one) and use that. If it's your school's then I'd expect you to have an SMTP server somewhere to handle incoming/outgoing email and that's the one to use (our SMTP servers only accept outgoing mail from trusted machines - you may need to speak to whoever runs the mail system to get your webserver allowed)

If you're just doing this for learning at home and only want internal email then just install the SMTP service in Windows and point your web site at that (but you'll need to have something somewhere to receive emails!)

Thank Post
    The Server is at home i have changed the php.ini to my ISP's smtp and my email from them but i get a different error message here is the error message: Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 SYNTAX ERROR IN PARAMETERS OR ARGUMENTS in C:\Apache2.2\htdocs\signup_ac.php on line 39
    Cannot send Confirmation link to your e-mail address

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread