+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Networkable Projectors in Technical; Hi Guys... Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a Networkable Projector, OK, I have seen Network ...

Thank Post

Networkable Projectors

Hi Guys...

Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a Networkable Projector, OK, I have seen Network Projectors that allow you to plug into the network and manage settings and check on Lamp life etc but this is what I want to do....

We have a large foyer area with a nice big white wall which we currenlty project powerpoint files on such as School Dinner Menu, Events, Notices etc etc, this all runs off an old machine sitting in an office where you have to go and kick start it etc.

What we are looking for is something I guess like Digital Signage systems/Network Ready LCD screens where you can upload the Powerpoints or whatever it maybe from any computer on the network and schdule things such as DinnerMenu certain times etc withou actually having a dedicated machine to do this...

Any thoughs....

A company has told me about a Hitachi CPX255, this sounds like it might do it, but not really found any information on the networking side of things,

Regards,

Matt

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 935 Posts

Re: Networkable Projectors

I know you said projector, but Samsung make a large TFT screen that you can push and pull files to it. I cannot remember the model number, but I saw it at BETT this year (so some kind sole will know the model no doubt) and we felt that when we implement the next phase of info boards across the school, we would like to consider using these instead of TVs / Projectors and PCs in cupboards.

Thank Post

Hi John,

Yes I saw the Samsung TFT Network Screen at BETT, I love them, the only trouble is, the 46" Version cost over £3,000, and a decent Projector with a much bigger screen size is well under £1,000!

I have been trying to push towards the Plasma, but they want to the Projector, to be fair, it's a large wall to fill and a Plasma would look lost with it's small screen size!

Cheers,

Matt

Thank Post

Matt,
    We have this system running in reception at school.
    It works on a server and client system.
    you can schedule different messages to be shown at different times of the day. So you update the server with the new information for that day and it gets sent over the network to the client computer running the show.
    The software is off www.dsign.co.uk and all we did was give them some of the school artwork ie letterhead and they made up what they call the profile, all we have to do is add the content after that. You can create as many profiles as you need and schedule different ones to start at different times of the day.

Mark.

Thank Post

You can turn any VGA device into a networkable device by using a VGA server - which is similar to a printer server. We've got some RM Ekko projector servers and they work really well. You plug the projector's VGA socket into it and plug the box into your network - then you can control the projector from any computer on your wired or wireless network. Here is the URI to it:

http://www.rm.com/Secondary/Products...943&position=1

Thank Post

We have a couple sony projectors here with Cat 5 conectors that work ok They are about 3 years old so they have stopped making them now but the VGA to IP sounds like a good work around

Thank Post

Just thought I would mention it.

If using these projectors with interactive whiteboards there maybe latency issues ie. Write a word .............. it appears, write another word.................... it appears

Thank Post

We use them with Classboards and have no such issues on the VGA side - only sometimes on the Bluetooth side.

Thank Post

Other options, which include direct wireless access-

http://www.rm.com/Secondary/Products...?cref=PD184373 - expensive

http://www.lindy.com/uk/productfolde...2500/index.php - same thing, but cheaper

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries

I cant remember were i read this but someone had got a network projector were you couldn't change the name of it or the ip address what is abit stupid.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread