+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Wireless Networks Thread, Helpdesk network status. in Technical; Originally Posted by dave.81 I'm now in the same situation as MK-2 will try the thing you suggest ICTNUT see ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.81 View Post
    I'm now in the same situation as MK-2 will try the thing you suggest ICTNUT see what it produces. Looks wonderful though with all the green UP's.
    you mean the servers are coming up as UP but show OFFLINE in the extended page?

its only one of our servers that is doing that ive found. it must be something with that server. the others are fine. as a test, put your machine ip in as a server and choose dns client or something that you know your machine has. see if that comes up.

ICTNUT: if its any help im running 1280x1024 and FF2.

Thank Post
    I was just swearing at the service status playing up for our Bloxx filters...

then I realised, they're Linux boxes.

Duhhh...

Thank Post
    @ICTNUT

The groups thing was really just a personal thing for us, it was really just for the wireless and printers e.g. in our Tech/Art department we have three APs and two printers, so it would be nice to have them grouped in a way. If it could be done then great if not then no worries as it still does the job

At the moment the devices are showing up in the order they were added, so it would be good to either choose to display them by name instead.

Hope this helps, and a massive thanks for helping me get it working

Thank Post
    Just a quick update, I have only been testing this on my machine logged in as admin, now just tested on a teacher login and it timed out when checking the servers.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet_man View Post
    Just a quick update, I have only been testing this on my machine logged in as admin, now just tested on a teacher login and it timed out when checking the servers.
    Yes due to the WMI calls that are made it does require someone with Admin privs to call the ASP page, this is a security feature as WMI change be used to cahnge things on a remote server as well as just read information.

AHhhhhhh I hear you all cry, well, fear not as I am working on getting the display page to pull "static" info from the DB and not query the live servers themselves this in turn will allow anyone to access the status page. This in itself is easy, I am almost done with it just a little testing required.

Have also added email notifications so if a PING is registered as DOWN the an email is sent out, I am working on an alternative notification method also.

Also added the ability to have more than just the 3 groups that you get at the moment with the ability to rename them aswell, as you can see from the attached screenie.

I hope to have this update available to you all fro Monday 14th April 08
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 24th July 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    just thinking in the future, would it be possible to check the status of things such as SIMS or other CMIS programs? just thinking of having all these status checks in one area.
    so you could check servers (and related services)/switches/printers/wifi points/programs/internet access/any-all other things that could be checked remotely

hell you could even tie it into your helpdesk - if it pings and checks say SIMS is down, when someone goes to log a request on the helpdesk, it will see that sims is down and offer it up as a canned response, or post it as an announcement on the main page before they post.
    sorry, thinking waaaaay too far ahead

Thank Post
    @ICTNUT

The new features all sound great, the ability to add pictures to the status page would be great as well or have some default ones like in the admin page. E.g. to represent the devices etc.

Love the idea of letting anyone take a look at the page, it would be good for others to check it as well. The notifications would be great, although I think we would need the alternative option as we don't use an exchange type server.

It has already come in useful today, we found a printer down in English area.

Cheers again ICTNUT and can't wait for the updated versions.

Thank Post
    Yep..more big thanks from me..heh. It caught our userspace server going down earlier, before anyone had a chance to complain we were legging it up to reseat the RAID card and drives..

I think poor old EDIT901 needs retiring really..it does lose it at random sometimes.

Thank Post
    hell you could even tie it into your helpdesk
    Thats the plan....

the ability to add pictures to the status page would be great
    Could be done i'll look into it.

The notifications would be great, although I think we would need the alternative option as we don't use an exchange type server.
    As long as you have an smtp server it will work, hell you could use the one that comes with IIS, depending on your network setup of course

would it be possible to check the status of things such as SIMS or other CMIS programs?
    Wel i know that both theseprodcuts rely on thier own AND 3rd party services installed on windows so yes you could monitor all those services as well, you just need to add them to the available services.

I'm just happy that it is workingwell for people and they are getting good use out of it.

Thank Post
    Hi ICTNUT, any news on the upgrade?

Thank Post
    Should have a new updeate for you in a couple of days, I am busy closing the next release of the helpdesk as it is a big one so I want to get that out of the way first.

Thank Post
    hi

I have just set this up excellent bit of kit, just one thing all of the servers are showing offline when they are not, can anyone help?

Mark

Thank Post
    its ok sorted it now.

Mark

Thank Post
    just a quick question, is there any way you could get the page to tell you about a certain sql database, we have a couple running on one server and would like to target one if possible.

Mark

Thank Post
    Sorry Found it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast