+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, folder redirection in Technical; hi we have a setup where the users all use a mandatory profile, they have a home folder and their ...

Thank Post

folder redirection

hi

we have a setup where the users all use a mandatory profile, they have a home folder and their my documents folder is redirected to their home folder. everything worked fine until we lost the server hosting the home folders due to hardware failure, we built a new server and restored all the data from a backup, we have ensured that the users have access to their folders and traverse folder rights etc for any folders higher in the hierarchy, this has been checked using using the "effective permissions" tab on folder properties. however when a user logs on they receive a message stating that the server hosting offline files is off line and they need to manually force the server to show as online by initiating a sychronise of offline files. for example when they open "my documents" their files don't appear, if they use Tools >> Synchronise the files appear. sometimes the server share then intermittently states it is offline. Has anyone had this problem before? any ideas how to overcome it.

thanks

Thank Post
    hi

just to add some extra details;
    when checking the event log after loging on there is an entry for event 401 which states that the my documents was redirected successfully, also the local and remote paths, the same event is logged for the my pictures folder.

occasionally but not often there is event 1085 logged which states that the client side extension for folder redirection failed to execute.

sometimes when clicking the my documents folder an error message is displayed stating that it "cannot be accessed due to restrictions on the computer", other times the folder opens but the contents are not there. as stated before; using tools >> synchronise usually makes the file available

many thanks
    Lee

Thank Post
    have you tried clearing the offline files cache?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\NetCache]
    "FormatDatabase"=dword:00000001

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread