+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, VLAN configuration for ZoneFlex 7372 and ZD in Technical; Hello there, I have configured 2 SSIDs/WLANs on my ZoneDirector, one which belongs to the native VLAN, and a test ...

Thank Post

VLAN configuration for ZoneFlex 7372 and ZD

Hello there,

I have configured 2 SSIDs/WLANs on my ZoneDirector, one which belongs to the native VLAN, and a test 'guest' WLAN which is tagged against a guestwifi VLAN on the network.

When trunking the switch port for which the AP is connected to, despite trunking the port to carry traffic for both the native and guestwifi VLAN, I suddenly lose all connection to the AP, and it is no longer contactable on the network. What have I not done correctly? All ports, VLANs and corresponding trunks have already been configured successfully.

It's almost as if the AP doesn't understand what to do as soon as the switch port it is connected to, becomes a trunk port. Is there something I need to do on the AP, to tell the active ethernet port to recognise all VLAN traffic which has been directed towards it?

Many thanks

Thank Post
    I managed to resolve the issue - the AP became contactable again, when our native/default VLAN was removed from the trunked port to which the AP is connected. The remaining additional VLANs were left included in the mix.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread