+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Unifi and Radius in Technical; Hi I'm looking at replacing my current wireless (netgear managed a/b/g) to Unifi. I've heard great things, OK things and ...

Thank Post

Unifi and Radius

Hi

I'm looking at replacing my current wireless (netgear managed a/b/g) to Unifi. I've heard great things, OK things and also been advised to look at Ruckus. It's pretty much got to be the Unifi system because of price and I'm confident it will serve our school for what we need.

I would really like to have a bit more control over users and improve security in comparison to my old system, so have been looking at Radius on server 2008r2. Really I'm looking for someone who has already implemented this scenario to provide a step by step guide or just a few words of wisdom. I'm technically up to the job but I'm just conscious that with my long list of summer jobs I wont have enough time to install it through trial and error, so any help would be great.

*edit - I'd also like iPads to be able to connect using their domain credentials

Cheers

Barks
    Last edited by barks1312; 9th July 2014 at 10:44 PM.

Thank Post
    I assume you will be using the RADIUS server to allow your domain laptops to connect wirelessly? If so it's fairly straightforward and there are a number of really useful guides out there to help you - Googling it will bring up plenty of hits

I carried out the same exercise last year albeit on a Windows 2003 server and it went well. I need to to move it to a 2012 server in the summer holidays so I'm in the same boat as you and will need to dig out those guides again. The main thing I found that helped me was to make sure logging was turned on for the RADIUS server. It saved me a lot of time!

I will try to find the guide I used and post the link here

Thank Post
    Yes for my laptops but I also forgot to mention that I'd like iPads and some phones to connect also

Thanks that would be great if you find the guide.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread