+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wireless Networks Thread, New Ruckus Firmware WITH Bonjour Gateway in Technical; No Chris, It's not available on the ruckus support site to 'All Users', where as the ZD3000 version is. All ...
    Thank Post
    No Chris, It's not available on the ruckus support site to 'All Users', where as the ZD3000 version is.

All the other firmwares on their site are only available to 'premium support' customers.

Ruckus9.7.1.png

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrritableTech View Post
    No Chris, It's not available on the ruckus support site to 'All Users', where as the ZD3000 version is.

All the other firmwares on their site are only available to 'premium support' customers.

Ruckus9.7.1.png
    In that case my apologies @Irritable Tech. Something isn't right though as it shouldn't be on there! I think it is a mistake on Ruckus part. Thank for the heads up, it is much appreciated.

I think the premium support makes it sound a lot dearer than it is if I am honest and cannot understand why anyone wouldn't' want the advanced replacement and firmware upgrades. I would have thought it was a necessity if you opt for the Ruckus solution.

Chris

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    .I think the premium support makes it sound a lot dearer than it is if I am honest and cannot understand why anyone wouldn't' want the advanced replacement and firmware upgrades. I would have thought it was a necessity if you opt for the Ruckus solution.

Chris
    Ruckus support cosy has increased significantly recently I thought. If be very interested in a quote of that's not the case as I'm up for renewal soon, but from what is seen recently on here we are looking at a 3x increase for partner support.

I'm anyways happy to be corrected!

@IrritableTech it might be a mistake, I just assumed it was a change in procedure to go along with the new support website. I followed a link from the ruckus support twitter account.
    Last edited by Marshall_IT; 4th April 2014 at 11:15 AM.

Thank Post
    @Marshall_IT - I don't think you've done anything wrong at all. It's their mistake to make.

Recently I received a mailing from one Ruckus reseller who said if your current support contract has ended, you should update it before 1st April 2014. Otherwise - the mailing said - you'll have to back pay to the date it lapsed. Now I'm not sure if this is true or not, but it does put me off being a ruckus customer again when I'm ready to replace my infrastructure - and who I might use to purchase from in the future if it proves to be incorrect.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If your support expires with Ruckus and you leave this for a number of months and then look to renew your contract, then Ruckus will back-charge the support payment to the date of expiry.

Ruckus were running a support amnesty allowing all Ruckus customers who had seen their support expire to purchase a new contract without back-charges, this expired on the 31st March. If you were interested in renewing an expired support contract then this would have been a good time to buy and possibly what the email you received was suggesting.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Net-Ctrl View Post
    If your support expires with Ruckus and you leave this for a number of months and then look to renew your contract, then Ruckus will back-charge the support payment to the date of expiry.

Ruckus were running a support amnesty allowing all Ruckus customers who had seen their support expire to purchase a new contract without back-charges, this expired on the 31st March. If you were interested in renewing an expired support contract then this would have been a good time to buy and possibly what the email you received was suggesting.
    A real shame then - really could lose ruckus some custom I fear.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @Irritable Tech I am sorry to hear that you are having/have had the heavy tactics applied - It really shouldn't be like that but some do approach it like this unfortunately and like anything else it is the few that spoil it for the many.

We look at things on a case by case basis here and like a few others are a Top Dog Partner. As such we speak to Ruckus HQ daily and can always ask the question for you. Flexibility is the key when supplying into education as you are all in a different boat both financially and with the existing tech you have on site already.

If you are interested in renewing at any point please give us a shout and we can work something out for you. Likewise anyone else in the same situation please feel free to do the same.

Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12