+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Meru Wireless - Tips and Good Practices? in Technical; Can anyone who uses the Meru managed wireless system offer any tips for using/maintaining/managing it? Perhaps some handy little hidden ...

Thank Post

Meru Wireless - Tips and Good Practices?

Can anyone who uses the Meru managed wireless system offer any tips for using/maintaining/managing it? Perhaps some handy little hidden feature that you have found?

We have been using it for a couple of years now and it works perfectly. But we have made a considerable investment in this system and part of me feels that we could be using it more effectively. How is your system configured? Our is pretty much, straight out of the box, one SSID secured with WPA2. Extremely simple! How is yours configured? Thanks!

Thank Post
    Hi Nick, your question raises many more questions before it can be considered. What APs do you have, which controller, what version of SD, who installed it, what makes up your underlying LAN, how many wireless clients, do you have VLANs, what problems are you experiencing, what would you like the 'tweaks' to achieve?

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply njc235. I was thinking more along the lines of generic wireless configurations as opposed to features to specific versions. For example, we have a single SSID for all users but I am sure other schools manage this more efficiently with multiple SSIDs (e.g. for guest users etc). I know this all sounds like very basic stuff but we have pretty much left our controller alone since getting it out of the box!

For the record though, we have a MC3000 controller and 20 AP311 access points. The 'runtime image version' of the APs is 4.0-150 but I cannot for the life of me find the actual controller software version. Where can this be found? Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread