+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Wireless Failing to Connect in Technical; Hi, I have been doing a significant amount of digging around this subject and have come up with nothing. My ...

Thank Post

Wireless Failing to Connect

Hi,

I have been doing a significant amount of digging around this subject and have come up with nothing. My problem is as follows:

Every now and then, I get "No logon servers to process the logon request" when trying to log in to a domain account on our network. This seems to be totally random, and can occasionally be resolved by waiting a couple of minutes after the computer finishes booting. All other times, I have to log in as a local administrator and manually connect the to the network.

The network profile is deployed through group policy, and RSOP shows that it has been picked up correctly.

We use a Meru wireless network with a RADIUS server doing 802.1x authentication.

The only errors, other than with Netlogon, Group Policy, DNS & NTP (symptoms of not seeing a DC), are under the WLAN Auto-Config log and state that network association failed for reason "The driver disconnected while associating". This was initially seen only on machines using Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 cards. I replaced a couple with Qualcomm Atheros cards for diagnosis purposes and these did not show this error at all, however with the latest batch of Windows updates, these have also started displaying the error on occasion. The Intel cards will also occasionally fail 802.1x authentication.

None of the cards display an error when booted in safe mode with networking.

We are also getting some strange DHCP behavior in that we get multiple DHCP ACKs to the wireless card's MAC address (only on the Intel cards).

List of things I have tried so far:

- Replacing wireless cards
    - Using different driver versions
    - Turning off band steering on our wireless controller
    - Re-imaging machines
    - Uninstalling Intel ProSet tools
    - Disabling bluetooth on the machine
    - Disabling NetBIOS over TCP/IP on the machine
    - Disallowing the OS turning off the wireless card
    - The hotfix from Microsoft found at KB2459530

I really, really need some help on this as I have exhausted all routes I can think of. Setting a static IP address on the client stops the errors, however this is just not feasible for us.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Enterprise Hotfix Rollup installed?

Thank Post
    It's not, is there anything specifically in there that might resolve this that you know of? As deploying to all machines will be a nightmare!

Thank Post
    Hi Jon..... Feel free to contact me directly, mhowell@merunetworks.com
    Can you send me the details of any Meru support ticket raised, the partner who installed the solution, and any other people you've been dealing with...
    Many thanks
    MArk

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDaviesBourne View Post
    It's not, is there anything specifically in there that might resolve this that you know of? As deploying to all machines will be a nightmare!
    Somehow missed this...

Yes it made a difference, along with a driver update and firmware on the meru controller about 18 months ago. Basically the Windows 7 SP1 network stack was bobbins. Install it, and many little lingering problems will go away, though you may need some of the tweaks which might have previously been applied to the meru system to be rolled back. It can be deployed via WSUS as it is available on the Catalog.
    An enterprise hotfix rollup is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Also give @mhowell a call (I say this in case you miss his reply above, as I missed yours!)
    Last edited by psydii; 5th February 2014 at 02:07 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread