+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Managed WLANs in Technical; I'm looking at getting some proposals together from different companies to cover my small private school with WIFI. Anybody know ...

Thank Post

Managed WLANs

I'm looking at getting some proposals together from different companies to cover my small private school with WIFI. Anybody know of a reliable, low cost system that doesn't require the purchase of a separate controller box? I've seen some reviews on a product called Ubiquiti UniFi, if anyone has experience with this, your opinions would be appreciated, if you have a better suggestion, could you let me know of it?

Thank Post
    Ubiquiti has become a popular product in education as it seems to offer a good solution at a low price.

It may also be worth considering looking at Ruckus who have some education bundles at the moment. These combine the controller, Aps and support all in one package and at a really reduced price. They're available in the UK for all education establishments currently. If it was of interest I can contact Ruckus directly to see if they are available in America, and also put you in touch with a supplier.

However as i'm sure you will find out, there is a lot of love on here for Ubiquiti

Good luck with the project.

Thank Post
    Ubiquiti's marketing model is key to its low cost, with community based support and scalability like no other product it is unique in its class.
    it is the product of choice for those seeking a managed solution but have no huge sums of money to spend!

it is very much more of a DIY solution that requires a fair amount of effort and a reasonable set of skills to deploy or you should be prepared to pay a knowledgable installer to do it for you.

For those unwilling to learn or spend the time doing so may be better to go with alternatives that can be installed by others with on going support and maintenance, but as you will find here those that have made the effort have saved huge amounts of cash and been happy with the results.

With over 1,000,000 APs deployed worldwide they are indeed now a major player and worthy of serious consideration.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread