+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Technicolor TG582n in Technical; Hi all, I have my router setup in my new home, However its a big place and my wifi doesn't ...
    Thank Post

Technicolor TG582n

Hi all,

I have my router setup in my new home, However its a big place and my wifi doesn't extend to some parts of the house where I'd like to use it.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to bridge the wifi ?, I have another spare router which I can use the wireless interface on. DO I just set my spare router to the same Wifi SSID and Passphrase and same WPA2 version ?

Or do I go and buy some homeplugs ?

Ta in advance.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think you could do it another way with home plugs. You can put home plugs as the link between the BTO box and the router. Then find a central location for the router. Home plugs will save you sanity as the TG582n does not do WDS.

Thank Post
    Yeah it does do WDS, I have a button for it on the top of the box.

Im seriously thinking home plugs will be the best idea, however any ideas if the wireless idea would work too as A temporary thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholab View Post
    I think you could do it another way with home plugs. You can put home plugs as the link between the BTO box and the router. Then find a central location for the router. Home plugs will save you sanity as the TG582n does not do WDS.

Thank Post
    I use a combination: router with wifi near where the Boredband comes in,connect one of the switch ports to a Homeplug, then install another Homeplug at the other end of the house and connect an old spare router to that. Set it up on a different channel, AP mode, turn off dhcp set SSID and pass code to be the same. Not quite like your managed networks, but all devices seem to roam successfully across the two wireless points.

Home plugs are definitely better than any wireless bridging or repeating set up. One day I will run Cat 6 networks....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmak View Post
    I use a combination: router with wifi near where the Boredband comes in,connect one of the switch ports to a Homeplug, then install another Homeplug at the other end of the house and connect an old spare router to that. Set it up on a different channel, AP mode, turn off dhcp set SSID and pass code to be the same. Not quite like your managed networks, but all devices seem to roam successfully across the two wireless points.

Home plugs are definitely better than any wireless bridging or repeating set up. One day I will run Cat 6 networks....
    Sounds good, sounds like just what I need, I think its time to invest in some home plugs!

Ill try and get the Wifi to bridge temporarily until I can pick up some homeplugs.

Thanks all.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information