+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Vlanning and Netgear stuff in Technical; Hi, I am setting up a very very basic vlanning which doesn't have any inter vlanning going on. Sounds a ...

Thank Post

Vlanning and Netgear stuff

Hi,

I am setting up a very very basic vlanning which doesn't have any inter vlanning going on. Sounds a waste of time I know but the idea is I use the smoothie box to dish out DHCPs on VLAN 100 to netgear wireless access points SIDS I want. Now I have this working lovely on most of the system. It goes through 4 switched and Trunk ports and I have tested it along the way using a WG302 access point . I just change the port the WG302 is plugged into to a Trunk along witht he uplink and it gets an IP from Smoothie perfectly.

i have hit several problems. Firstly i can't get it to work on my managed wireless running though a WMS7316 no matter what I try (I have managed to lock myself out of the think now by messing with the vlan setting on the controller). I change the SSID to use vlan 100 but it doesn't work, the client just spins round trying to get a lease. Not sure what I have done wrong here.

i am RMAing a POE switch that keeps stopping me having access to its web console so hopefully that will fix it.

Anyone got something similar with the managed wireless from Netgear. I have 1 ruckus unit I want to try but I can almost guarantee it will work pefectly.

Thank Post
    FFS, I sorted this out and it worked perfectly. Came in this morning and the stupid thing has stopped workign on the GS724TPS switch. All the others work but for some reason this switch refused to work. Not sure if its cos of the POE or what but I have double triple and quadruple checked the config and its not taking the vlan across.

Thank Post
    Try checking the autovoicevlan settings on the switch, sometimes it can force the wifi traffic onto the wrong vlan.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply, the voice vlan stuff is disabled but the voicevlan which is greyed out matches my vlan ID so I wonder of there some underlying issue. Won't take me long to change the vlan settings. Bit annoying if it is as I have just bought 3 POE injectors.

Thank Post
    Not sure if it will help, but I find an old version of firefox helps with netgear web interfaces, I used to have issues until I did. I got version 2 i think from oldversion.com then installed it into its own folder (eg oldfirefox).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread