+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Windows XP wireless clients losing wifi configuration in Technical; We recently saw a large portion (if not all) of our Windows XP SP3 laptops lose their wireless configuration. The ...

Thank Post

Windows XP wireless clients losing wifi configuration

We recently saw a large portion (if not all) of our Windows XP SP3 laptops lose their wireless configuration. The configuration was and still is pushed out via group policy. Hardwiring the laptop and running gpupdate /force does not re deploy the configuration. Running gpresult /scope computer /v shows the wireless config policy is being applied. RSOP shows that the wireless component is successful(no data). We are looking at two issues here the first is why were the settings lost in the first place and then why is group policy not deploying correctly to reset the configuration? I have ran Network ID, numerous gpupdates all to no avail. I am working with MS on another issue, may or may not be related, and they checked ADDS and said everything is fine, no errors. We are at a loss on this.

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 886 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We had this on our XP workstations. I believe we only resolved it by selecting the wireless network and inputting the password manually directly after building the laptops.

Not a huge chore for us as we only had 40 classroom laptops to work on. Not sure how many you have to work with?

3. Thanks to DaveP from:

rah215 (6th November 2013)

Thank Post
    We have removed the group policy deployment and manually entered the wifi config on all the laptops, there are a lot of laptops. Even after working with a few different vendors we still do not have an answer of why this happened. We have moved away from Radius authentication for our XP clients and working to do so with our 7 clients. While I don't have my answer the issue has been resolved.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread