+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Unifi Pro AP issues in Technical; These APs are weird, having issues getting some of them installed, seems to be a different issue with every one! ...

Thank Post

Unifi Pro AP issues

These APs are weird, having issues getting some of them installed, seems to be a different issue with every one!

The one I'm installing now for instance, I removed it, then replaced it with one I know was working and adopted fine and now it went to provisioning then disconnected.
    (The previous one did the same so I set one up in the office)
    I can't seem to ping it either so I cant SSH into it.

I've checked the cable and it seems fine (using a cable tester) Altho I'm having to make do with pulling back a network port and terminating it with a jack in most instances.

It's a pain as its in a remote building
    Last edited by caffrey; 27th September 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Thank Post
    Plugged in the offending AP that I took out in the office and it adopted fine, must be a faulty connector (I hate putting ends on solid cable) I'll redo it.

Thank Post
    I'm not sure it is....

We have had that problem in the last 2 days. Our solution was to allow it to fail and disconnect, then to do that reboot thing it does to the point where it holds the white light solid for a few seconds, and then shove the reset button until the blue light comes on, then release and let it reboot. the white light comes on solid and then it usually connects after a few seconds. I have had to do this up to three times for one stubborn AP.

It seems to be to do with the amount of broadcast these units create. Our older ProCurve switches have the broadcast suppression turned off, the new one has it turned on and none of the pro's adopt, provision and connect first time, while the standard APs work straight away.

Either way, it's raised as a bug with Ubiqiti!

4. Thanks to Oaktech from:

caffrey (27th September 2013)

Thank Post
    I'll give that a go, before I replace the end then

I can see its connected on the 8 port toughswitch okay, but keeps disappearing now and again.

Forgot to mention, there's another AP on the same switch which worked first time!
    Last edited by caffrey; 27th September 2013 at 11:42 AM.

Thank Post
    Check your DNS, on boot Unifi looks for http://unifi:8080/inform this is where it expects to find its controller make sure this resolves from the segment where the AP is installed.
    Create an A record for unifi with the IP of your controller.

Make sure that you have the option in the Controller Site Settings, uplink Connectivity monitor unchecked.

SSH to the IP of the AP using your controller user/pswd
    Type info
    The last entry should say "connected" (http://unifi:8080/inform)

If using VLANs make sure the port Unifi is patched into is untagged on the management VLAN and tagged on any your SSIDs use. This is so commonly misconfigured especially when people tell me it works on one switch an not another.

Finally use the forum at ubnt.com most of the common configuration issues are answered there.
    Always use the latest firmware, 2.4.5 is the current stable. I however use V3 beta without any problems as I need to mess around a lot with new kit and crazy configurations.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m25man View Post
    Check your DNS, on boot Unifi looks for http://unifi:8080/inform this is where it expects to find its controller make sure this resolves from the segment where the AP is installed.
    Create an A record for unifi with the IP of your controller.

Make sure that you have the option in the Controller Site Settings, uplink Connectivity monitor unchecked.

SSH to the IP of the AP using your controller user/pswd
    Type info
    The last entry should say "connected" (http://unifi:8080/inform)

If using VLANs make sure the port Unifi is patched into is untagged on the management VLAN and tagged on any your SSIDs use. This is so commonly misconfigured especially when people tell me it works on one switch an not another.

Finally use the forum at ubnt.com most of the common configuration issues are answered there.
    Always use the latest firmware, 2.4.5 is the current stable. I however use V3 beta without any problems as I need to mess around a lot with new kit and crazy configurations.
    We have the DNS setup correctly and it made no odds...

What we have experienced is that it seems like when the adoption process completes something goes wrong in the provisioning due to the broadcast suppression on the switch, or some other reason, at which point the AP becomes completely unresponsive until the unit is reset via the reset button.

Digital Air have confirmed they have no less than 12 tickets open from customers with a problem of this nature and there is a call raised with UBNT about it.

Thank Post
    Randomly it's just came back online, I kept pinging it and suddenly it appeared

Code:
    Reply from 192.168.5.31: Destination host unreachable.
    Reply from 192.168.5.31: Destination host unreachable.
    Reply from 192.168.4.74: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.4.74: bytes=32 time=287ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.4.74: bytes=32 time=290ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.4.74: bytes=32 time=1934ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.4.74: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.4.74: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.4.74: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
    Weird ping, I'll keep an eye on it.

Had another that did this too, in a different location in a different cab using the PoE injector.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread