+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Meraki Cisco in Technical; Hi, We are a school of 1000 Students. Spread over a large (Old Complex) & 700 Devices. The LEA is ...

Thank Post

Meraki Cisco

Hi,
    We are a school of 1000 Students. Spread over a large (Old Complex) & 700 Devices.

The LEA is now looking @ Cisco (Meraki) Wifi solutions..

What are peoples thoughts please of 'Meraki.'

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    @swiftysw1:

I don't have personal experience of this actual managed wifi system but one which is very similar and that is Aerohive which is has a cloud based controller rather than a hardware one.

We have found that once it was configured that it just works and all configuration can be saved and new AP's joined as and when required at minimum cost.

Most cloud based systems now incorporate the "Bonjour App" as part of the infrastructure and this helps with the communications of Apple devices, it is quite helpful.

There are a couple more cloud based systems now on the market but I wouldn't worry at all about the functionality of these systems they work as well if not better than your conventional hardware controller types, you pays your money and you makes your choice.

Good luck

Thank Post
    Hi Meraki is the best MDM I have used so far and it's free Give it a whirl yourself!!!

Thank Post
    the cloud management is great, I thought it was over priced though. the hardware is a little middling though.

Thank Post
    Hi @swiftysw1

Meraki is one of our partners and it's a great cloud managed wireless solution, ideal for managing multiple sites/offices and includes MDM software - which is great.

If you go on their website, there's an offer on for IT professionals to receive a free AP when you take a webinar so it's a win win if you need more info on this

PM me if you need further info on this.

Cisco Meraki | Free Access Point Details

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Yup - Meraki kit is certainly very good. I cannot fault it in any of the places I have used it, also in terms of the AP's don't get MR12's as they won't cut the mustard at all in a school.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information