Hi,

Background:
We've had a ZD1100 for a while, and I had some problem with certificates on my PC which was stopping me getting at the ZD webpages. Therefore I always had to remote onto the domain controller or other PC to access zonedirector. I built me a new PC on Friday and installed apps etc over weekend expecting this would work, but this also didn't let me - so I decided to look into it. Turns out my PC required 1024bit certificate keys, whereas the rest of the network were happy with our old 512bit key. As it happens, the CA certificate itself was due to expire next week so I've renewed that and regenerated ZD certificate, installed it on ZD, rebooted, etc. I put the hostname as the common name, IP as the alternate name, then when importing the CSR into CA, I added hostname.our.internaldomain as another alternate name.

Problem:
When I went to bed on Sunday morning, I could get into the ZD from the domain controller and both my PCs via IP, hostname and hostname.our.internaldomain. At 8am this morning, my technician could get into it by hostname (pasted "hostname" into address bar and it went and found the login page for him). He can't have used an old address from his favourites because I renamed the ZD over the weekend (and updated/flushed DNS etc). Yet an hour ago, neither he, my other technician, or either of my PCs can get into ZD on any PC except the domain controller (which is the CA).

Pasting 'hostname' into IE (v10) and making sure it doesn't use any of the historical URLs I've used, it says 'Waiting for hostname' then comes up with "This page can't be displayed. Make sure the web address http://hostname is correct." etc.

IE Diagnostics troubleshooting says "website (hostname) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. The remote computer isnít responding to connections on port [80/443], possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldnít find any problems with the firewall on your computer." (It only says 80 OR 443 depending whether you put the https before the hostname)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is this still a certificate issue, or is that completely a red herring now the key is sorted? (Previously I had errors about 'certificate not trusted, we suggest you go away' etc, and viewing the certificate showed both Ruckus and CA as invalid signatures - they both show OK now though)

I have cleared out any old CA certificates from my local user certificate store (Trusted Root whatsits) and imported the new one. I've tried with and without the new ZD certificate being installed on my PC.

Peter