+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wireless Networks Thread, RM Unify in Technical; Hi, Anybody subscribed free to RM Unify yet? If they have is it any good? If so how have you ...
    Thank Post

RM Unify

Hi,

Anybody subscribed free to RM Unify yet? If they have is it any good? If so how have you implemented it...

Thanks

Thank Post
    Anyone?

Thank Post
    Just stumbled across this review: All that glitters is not gold: RM Unify

There is a bit where the chap describes it as a dinosaur!

Thank Post
    I'm not sure what benefits I see for the free version, at this stage, because apps are very limited. The paid version though is proving amazing for Office365 integration and SSO.

Thank Post
    We've signed up for the paid for version and go live next week mainly for the Office365 integration.

Anybody who is thinking of purchasing, I think the cost of £425 (or thereabouts) for Secondary schools is only available until the end of May, then the cost doubles I believe. At a guess I would imagine the Primary costs will increase as well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    We've signed up for the paid for version and go live next week mainly for the Office365 integration.

Anybody who is thinking of purchasing, I think the cost of £425 (or thereabouts) for Secondary schools is only available until the end of May, then the cost doubles I believe. At a guess I would imagine the Primary costs will increase as well.
    Heard that if you buy at this lower price, that's guaranteed for next year too. Did you get that message??

It's not a bad price, a lot of other Office365 'ADFS in the cloud' solutions cost a lot more. Even if you buy RM Unify at the new pricing that's coming you'd still be saving if it's a feature you want.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 16th May 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Thank Post
    Interested, but not at that price!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mats View Post
    Interested, but not at that price!
    I costed up some other solutions, I think the cheapest I found for ADFS was £3000 once you'd took in to account setup charges and all that.

Thank Post
    I didn't see the point of it until I realised that it also sets up and syncs accounts on other cloud services too. Not just Office 365 or Google Docs.
    We use classroom monitor, Education city, espresso and probably one or two more that the teachers haven't told me about. Full version ordered and I'm looking forward to see how it ties in with existing subscritions.
    Will probably take a look at RM Books too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I signed up for the free version and after a few weeks it was ready to use why it takes so long I don't know I logged in once and haven't logged back in since as it's so limited.

Ben

Thank Post
    We got hold of the free one, as we were originally looking to use it as SSO for Office 365, but clarity on how users could login to the Office 365 site without needing to be sent via Unify plus Microsofts own updates to Dir Sync made it much easier to forget about it and go straight to dirsync (since we only really wanted unify to save the hassle of the full AD federation)

I've setup 1 account primarily for the RM books, but I've not got round to logging back in to it yet to check the settings so the library staff can play with it.

Thank Post
    but clarity on how users could login to the Office 365 site without needing to be sent via Unify
    In short, you can't. RM Unify 'is' the login system you use. So you go to Office365, try to login and are redirected to RM Unify, and are then sent back to Microsoft. It's a relatively seamless process with just the RM Unify login screen part way through.

Thank Post
    Yep Edu-IT, and even though I got that same confirmation it, there was also some head scratching when posing other login questions, which is why we just went for DirSync (must finish getting it setup tomorrow)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredguy View Post
    Yep Edu-IT, and even though I got that same confirmation it, there was also some head scratching when posing other login questions, which is why we just went for DirSync (must finish getting it setup tomorrow)
    Fair enough. Just thought it might be useful for others to know.

Thank Post
    Got to say RM Unify is awesome - OK it didn't have many apps when it was released but it takes time to build these and they are coming thick and fast now! Certainly a lot showing on the Trello board they use to showcase up and coming features (let me know if you need the link) This also lets you vote for which ones you think are the best too! Great way to inform them!

Today we can Office365 Site Creator for the first time since it's release last week, got to say it was awesome! Talk about taking the time and hassle out of setting up sites and permissions and content in O365!

Your right though - Have an account provisioned in RM Unify and it creates all your accounts in the associated 3rd party and then manages them. With Office365 when trying to log in directly with a RM Unify provisioned account it will pass you back to log in to RM Unify before then returning you to Office365.

DirSync might be good, but it doesn't start to tie other 3rd party services you have in the cloud together and you don't get to use Site Creator to manipulate Sharepoint!

RM gets a lot of hard press sometimes but I think this new stuff is very well thought out and works!

Rich

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast