+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Apple iOS .mobileconfig & CodeSigning certificates in Technical; Hi guys, Does anyone have any experience with Apple iOS .mobileconfig & CodeSigning certificates? I want to distribute 802.1x settings ...
    rtc

Thank Post

Apple iOS .mobileconfig & CodeSigning certificates

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with Apple iOS .mobileconfig & CodeSigning certificates?

I want to distribute 802.1x settings to student owned iOS devices without the students having to deal with any untrusted/not verified warnings.

Therefore the question is if I can e.g. get a GlobalSign Code Signing Certificates and sign my .mobileconfig file before distribution - will this work?

I have been speaking to GlobalSign and they seemed to suggest that a developer cert from Apple might be required.

Any experience from anyone out there?

Cheers,
    Martin

Thank Post
    I have set up over 50 iPads for students using mobile config's wep2 enterprise certificates using a windows machine, if you are creating them using Iphone Configuration Utility on a Mac you should have no troubles selecting your certificate from the drop down list, if you are working on a windows machine like myself you will need to find the web version of Iphone configuration utility to sign the certificates using the webpage then import back into the normal program to set permissions/restrictions ect. then sync with your iOS devices.

Using these programs you can "trust" certificates when they are not digitally signed.

Hope this information helps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread