+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, HP MSM 720 - Guest Wireless in Technical; Some of primary schools have purchased HP MSM 720 Wireless controllers to add onto their wireless network of either MSM310, ...
    Thank Post

HP MSM 720 - Guest Wireless

Some of primary schools have purchased HP MSM 720 Wireless controllers to add onto their wireless network of either MSM310, MSM410 or MSM430 APs to provide guest access. The standard setup in schools is a 2008 R2 DC, HP Layer 2 switches (all traffic on VLAN1) and an EMBC internet connection going through their proxy servers.

I have set up the main school wireless network using radius and this works fine but am struggling setting up the Guest network. I have Googled but only seem to find HP guides which are not very user friendly or helpful. It looks like you have to create a guest VLAN on your switch and tag the ports with the wireless controller and APs connected and tell the controller which vlan the guest is on which I have done. The controller will then NAT the guest traffic to allow it onto the internet.

I have managed to setup the guest ssid using the workflow and setup DHCP on the controller for the guest network and when I connect to the guest ssid I get an address on the controllers dhcp range and get a logon page and authenticate on the guest network but can't browse the internet with the proxy details entered into the browser.

The second part of my problem will be providing the proxy details transparently, we have used WPAD successfully with the Ruckus systems will this work with the HP system?

On older HP controllers (Pre-Colubris) we have had to use an IPCOP box to route traffic and put in the transparent proxy for the guest systems.

Any help or idiots guide would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Please look at this thread Vlan on Procurve Switch

Also I would use the IPCOP box to make it easy but it can be done from the HP but I never got it working that way.
    Last edited by nicholab; 23rd January 2013 at 11:59 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread