Poll: Do you use Aruba wireless kit?

+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Aruba Wireless in Technical; We are a heavy user of Aruba wireless network kit and we are the only healthcare organisation that uses it ...

Thank Post

Aruba Wireless

We are a heavy user of Aruba wireless network kit and we are the only healthcare organisation that uses it in conjunction with Watchguard technology in the UK.

I see all the time that people are using Ruckus, Meru and the other listed on here but Aruba doesn't crop up very often and I just wondered why.

I have added a poll to this if you don't want to comment just drop a vote in please so I can get some ideas.

Do you use Aruba kit, yes or no and if you are looking check that box. If something else please say.

I am just interested as I see more of it now in pubs where they provide internet for public to use and I cannot fault the equipment.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Use it at one site and Ruckus at another, both are decent, Aruba is much easier to upgrade - three clicks instead of a month long treasurehunt to get access to the mythical firmware which then still has pre-reques and unsupported upgrade paths.

Have found the Ruckus hardware to be a bit more robust given adverse power conditions though, the Aruba stuff can get a bit tetchy if it does not get is daily dose of cherryohms, good breakfast and all that.

Signal wise the Ruckus owns the Aruba kit but they both have their good and bad points.

3. Thanks to SYNACK from:

SuperfluousAdjective (14th November 2012)

Thank Post
    MAtthew L, if you want to pop and see some Meru schools in Lincs running MEru please feel free to get in touch mhowell@merunetworks.com, happy to help out
    We have around 2500 schools now in the UK
    Thx

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread