+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Dlink wireless engineer in Technical; Hi all, Could anyone help? In need of someone with a good amount of knowledge to reconfigure and update our ...
    Thank Post

Dlink wireless engineer

Hi all,

Could anyone help?
    In need of someone with a good amount of knowledge to reconfigure and update our D'Link wireless AP's and controller,i honestly don't think we are making the most of the d'link system.We had a problem not so long ago when the controller lost all configuration,wireless was reconfigured but not as we would like it.

So the question is would anyone like to provide a contact number for me of a company or an individual who could possibly sort out this system?

Thanks for looking.

Thank Post
    Hmmm,
    Any info at all?

Thank Post
    Hi.

We use d-link as our managed wireless system. I have d-link's technical support email address - I've found them very helpful. Their email is dne-tac@dlink.com

If there's anything particular I can try to help, but I'm no expert - all I know is what I've been able to figure out over the last few years we've been using it...

Meldrew

Thank Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for the email contact much appreciated.

I have all sorts of issues due to a power outage,we need to update our firmware on all AP's.
    Strange when dlink appears as the wireless then disappears.
    Not sure if it is load balancing.
    Would like to have as much configured as possible then have the configuration saved and exported.

Thanks for the offer of technical support.

Hamzah

Quote Originally Posted by Meldrew View Post
    Hi

We use d-link as our managed wireless system. I have d-link's technical support email address - I've found them very helpful. Their email is dne-tac@dlink.com

If there's anything particular I can try to help, but I'm no expert - all I know is what I've been able to figure out over the last few years we've been using it...

Meldrew

Thank Post
    What firmware version are you using? I'd recommend upgrading to the latest version - we're running 3.0.0.17.

I know what you mean about 'dlink' appearing as an SSID - it seems to happen when an AP becomes unmanaged, happens very rarely with us. Regarding load balancing, I find that it doesn't quite work as I hoped it would. Clients tend to attach to the first AP they come across, then stay connected until the bitter end - there might be a way of changing this on the client though I guess, but we don't really have too much of an issue with this.

To save and export from the dlink you need a TFTP server setup somewhere on your network. We have 3cx for phones which has a TFTP server anyway, so we use this one. Then you can upload your configuration to the TFTP server for whenever you need it. Certainly something I found was when you switch to a different image when upgrading the firmware, you need to apply the configuration file back as you'll start off with no configuration on the new firmware.

HTH,

Meldrew

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread