+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, My joy at our new Aerohive system in Technical; I just wanted to post about our new wireless system that was installed over the summer. I know Meru are ...

Thank Post

My joy at our new Aerohive system

I just wanted to post about our new wireless system that was installed over the summer.

I know Meru are massive in education and we did look into a meru system but ended up choosing Aerohive.

The system is fantastic, we now have 100% school coverage with 78 AP's. Meru offered 50 AP's for the same cost. We do not have a centralised controller as it is all run by the AP's and in the cloud. It is easily configured and managed. We have the ability to assign Private Pre-Shared WPA2 keys to any students and can revoke these if required.

We purchased from a company called Lan3 and on completion of the installed me and my team were training and certified in Aerohive technologies.

I don't tend to post about our school network - unless there is a problem or if I can help someone else but wanted other to be aware that this maybe a solution for your school.

2. Thanks to pettit87 from:

bossman (21st September 2012)

Thank Post
    Lan3 did our Aerohive install as well

FYI on the students front you can set things up with WPA2-Enterprise/a RADIUS server (like Windows Server NPS) to get it so that students can login to the Wireless using just their Active Directory Username/Password.

Thank Post
    Same here, 110 AP's (mixture of AP121's and AP330's) provided by LAN3 and installed over the Summer with the VM based controller.

All is working well using Radius on the private network and we have deployed an openzone for guest access.

The only issue we've found is that the latest firmware has knocked out the VOIP handsets but this appears to be a wider problem than just us and Aerohive are working on a fix for it.

Thank Post
    For the record Meru offer VM based controllers
    These may not have been offered to you at the time by your partner for whatever reason.
    Many thanks
    Mark

6. Thanks to mhowell from:

old_n07 (26th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mhowell View Post
    For the record Meru offer VM based controllers
    These may not have been offered to you at the time by your partner for whatever reason.
    Many thanks
    Mark
    Bit late now I know but no we were not told that was an option, shame really as an in house managed solution being needed is what ruled out a couple of vendors.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread