+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wired Networks Thread, VLE in Technical; There are a heap of existing threads about opinions and experiences on VLEs and I would strongly recommend you searching ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,888 Times in 1,169 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There are a heap of existing threads about opinions and experiences on VLEs and I would strongly recommend you searching on that (which you may have done already and you are just looking for more recent / up to date comments). I would also recommend you have a look at the Learning Platform Network to see the work done by a group of leading Educators and Becta ...

To be honest, it doesn't matter what VLE / LP you choose, it will be down to how the curriculum fits to it or it fits to the curriculum. Most of the tools are the same between the different products out there ... Wikis, file stores, discussion areas, polls / surveys, blogs, collaborative docs. You could have each of these individually or all wrapped in together under one product. I would recommend that the school looks at what it needs first and then thinks about the product.

If it is a case of opinions on look and feel that you are after, or experiences of management of the product / tools then that is a slightly different kettle of fish.

For all that lots of people will shout Moodle a lot ... and there is an equally vocal group out there who will shout Sharepoint ... the look and feel can be made as bespoke as you want it for both of these. For both you can buy a pre-built and pre-designed version (or simply what comes out of the install with standard templates) but the more successful builds tend to have had a certain amount of bespoke work. Be careful about this when planning.

2. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Brpilot99 (9th September 2011)

Thank Post
    I agree with GrumbleDook, implementation makes or breaks the whole thing. We're rolling out Edmodo and staff training is proving to be critical

4. Thanks to jstuttard from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Another vote for Moodle, although have also had good success with SharePoint as well

6. Thanks to john from:

Thank Post
    I second this sentiment
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    We've got uniservity, as a user experience it's somewhere between a caravan holiday and being stabbed in the eye with a compass.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    We've got uniservity, as a user experience it's somewhere between a caravan holiday and being stabbed in the eye with a compass.
    Lol... and that's being polite. The biggest pile of **** you will ever come across

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moodle works pretty well for us. Those that can be bothered to put the bit of time in early on find it straightforward enough to use - ultimately any VLE will be used through a web browser, so that limits the usability to a large extent, but it's pretty good as these things go.

My Uni had Blackboard way back when, first half of last decade - was a bit of a pain in the proverbial then as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12