+ Post New Thread
Wired Networks Thread, Does any have... in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Does any have...

Does anyone have a Dell 2850 Poweredge Server that they could help me with. Been offline since Monday. From what I have got it down to it is the Raid Controller. Phoned Dell yesterday they told me to change some settings on the card from write to 'write thru' and read to 'no read ahead' it worked a little longer but then blue screened again. Got told the controller is built onto the motherboard and would need to replace that for around £700. A new server wouldn't cost much, is there anything I can do to this server to get it back online I have heard I could replace the cache card? Just need some help please

Thanks

Thank Post
    Sounds like you already got some help, if downtime means anything to you then get a replacement board on same day delivery and replace it before you lose your raid forever! A broken raid controller could easily corrupt your raid if it hasn't already.

If £700 seems steep let it be a lesson on the importance of having warrenties and care packs for critical hardware.

Anyway, even if you managed to buy a new server for £700 which I doubt, how would you plan on migrating your data to a new server if the old one is broken anyway?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information