Poll: Do you find this tool useful?

+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
Wired Networks Thread, My Little Server Monitor in Technical; Hi, I'm struggling to get ours working, I'm sure I've missed something basic... Server 2003/IIS6. I can access the site, ...
    Thank Post
    Hi, I'm struggling to get ours working, I'm sure I've missed something basic...

Server 2003/IIS6. I can access the site, I add a new server, fill everything required in correctly... it says that it's added but then nothing appears in the overview or server tab. In short, it's not adding stuff. Any suggestions pleaase?

Edit - sorted this, changed the permissions for the data folder. Now the problem I'm having is that it doesn't seem to be liking the servers... it just says fail count: 3 and there's a warning on the public display... again, missing something simple?
    Last edited by OllieC; 3rd February 2010 at 12:02 AM.

Thank Post

How can I stop being logged out of admin interface?

I've been trying to leave the admin interface logged in on the server so that it pings to devices all the time, but the admin interface won't seem to run for any more than a day. If I refresh the page I'm prompted for username/password. Is this by design, if so, is it possible to stop being logged out, so that once you are logged in, it stays logged in indefinitely? Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meastaugh1 View Post
    I've been trying to leave the admin interface logged in on the server so that it pings to devices all the time, but the admin interface won't seem to run for any more than a day. If I refresh the page I'm prompted for username/password. Is this by design, if so, is it possible to stop being logged out, so that once you are logged in, it stays logged in indefinitely? Thanks
    It's not by design for the monitor but it is by design on a MS Server.

The good news is that you can increase the timeout period to as much as you want.

In IIS6 do the following:

The default timeout value is set to 90 seconds. You can increase this value within IIS Manager:

1 - Open IIS Manager
    2 - Expand Web Sites
    3 - Right-click on SMSReporting_SiteCode and select Properties
    4 - Within the Virtual Directory tab, click on the Configuration button
    5 - Within the Options tab, enter the desired timeout value in the ASP Script Timeou field (shown in seconds)
    6 - Click OK, Click OK, then close the IIS Manager

In IIS7 do the following:

1 - Open IIS Manager and navigate to the level you want to manage. For information about opening IIS Manager, see Open IIS Manager (IIS 7). For information about navigating to locations in the UI, see Navigation in IIS Manager (IIS 7).
    2 - In Features View, double-click ASP.
    3 - On the ASP page, under Services, expand Session Properties.
    4 - In the Time-out field, enter a time-out value in the format hh:mm:ss. For example, enter 00:15:00 for 15 minutes.
    5 - In the Actions pane, click Apply.

You cannot be logged in forever as IIS will not allow it however 24 hours = 86400 seconds so you could try setting this value and see how you get on. I am not sure if the session timeout value has an upper limit so this would be trial and error.

Thank Post
    Thanks for getting back. In the mean time I had downloaded an auto-refresher for IE and will see whether that will let me stay logged in indefinitely.

Thank Post
    Thanks for getting back. In the mean time I had downloaded an auto-refresher for IE and will see whether that will let me stay logged in indefinitely.
    The poller it self (the countdown bit in the bottom right) is not subject to session expiry so as long as the admin page is NOT refreshed the counter and poller will still continue to work as expected.

To be honest once you have setup most of your items and sensors there should be no real reason to refresh that admin area continually.

Thank Post
    Ok, I've disabled the auto-refresh because it still got logged out eventually and prompted for username and password.

The reason I wanted to stop being logged out is because I thought the timer was being affected by the session expiry. The timer just stops counting down and IE gives the warning:
    Line 13
    Char 15556
    Error: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

Thank Post
    Ok, I've disabled the auto-refresh because it still got logged out eventually and prompted for username and password.

The reason I wanted to stop being logged out is because I thought the timer was being affected by the session expiry. The timer just stops counting down and IE gives the warning:
    Line 13
    Char 15556
    Error: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
    What version of IE (inc build).

Have you tried using FireFox, do you get the same result?

Thank Post
    7.0.5730.13. I'll try 8 and FF to see if they're any better.

Actually, it seems to be a memory issue, because I've left it running for the day and got an out of memory error at line 13, with IE using 1.4GB.

Thank Post
    IE 7 and 8 both seem to exhibit the same problem, they both increase memory usage by 5-10mb at every scheduled check (ie 5 mins) to the point where it consumes <1400MB and crashes.

FF seems to fluctuate around 60-70mb, but doesn't seem to increasingly consume memory in the same way IE does.

Have you come across this issue with IE before?

Thank Post
    I've set up the monitor on IIS6, it loads and I can add items/sensors, but for some reason nothing shows in the admin page overview section, and an exclamation mark appears next to the servers in the public view, any ideas?

Thank Post
    IE 7 and 8 both seem to exhibit the same problem, they both increase memory usage by 5-10mb at every scheduled check (ie 5 mins) to the point where it consumes <1400MB and crashes.

FF seems to fluctuate around 60-70mb, but doesn't seem to increasingly consume memory in the same way IE does.

Have you come across this issue with IE before?
    This seems to be an issue with JQuery / Ajax where a memory leak is happening, it is also partly to do with IE as it does ne release meory back to the system as efficiently as FF.

I will need to look into this and see if anything can be done to force the memory release.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by truslack View Post
    I've set up the monitor on IIS6, it loads and I can add items/sensors, but for some reason nothing shows in the admin page overview section, and an exclamation mark appears next to the servers in the public view, any ideas?
    Firstly the warnings will appear untill the first round if tests have been carried out.

Secondly have you checked that the item is to be monitored and not set to yes (Do not monitor this item)?

Thirdly the sensors you have added are they correct, in the case of services if these are not present on the server then a warning will be displayed.

Thank Post
    Whens the iis7 guide coming for it. I have installed it but all i am getting on the page is an image of a exclamation mark.

the error

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/Default.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

I have changed the time out now get this

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'

Disallowed Parent Path

/admin/Default.asp, line 1

The Include file '..\incs\db_connect.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent directory.
    Last edited by Danlewis3; 24th February 2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Another error

Thank Post
    Hi - just getting this up and running - very nice...but...trying to add a new group, it always comes up as "Undefined" - has anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuffMonkey View Post
    Hi - just getting this up and running - very nice...but...trying to add a new group, it always comes up as "Undefined" - has anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks
    I just opened the database in Access and renamed the group there.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread