Tried that but it reappears.
Tried that but it reappears.
Had a look in the database and couldn't see anything I could manually remove.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Hi Guys 'n' Gals,
Thought I would post an update just to let you know where we are.
v1.5.4 is almost complete and ready for release and what a release this is:
- Issue surrounding adding new items has now been resolved
- Issue surrounding adding services has now been resolved
- Added ability to monitor disk space based on % free, if this drops below a set value an alert is raised
- Added ability to add additional groups
- Added ability to monitor CPU Load based on % load, if this goes above a set value an alert is raised
- Added abiltiy to monitor Memory Utilisation based on % free, if this goes below a set value an alert is raised
- Added ability to define on a per item basis the number of failures a sensor must have before notification is sent out (Email)
- Added ability to pause / resume scheduled status checks
- The main status view page is now available to anonymous users, no login required
- The status of monitored items is now logged to the database, this will allow for reporting at a later date (Uptime, mean failures etc.)
- The checking functions have been greatly streamlined
- There is now a nice overview tab for admins accessing the admin area, this is always the default tab to load and shows the last 250 entries.
- Checks are now known as sensors, so you add an item to be checked first then you add a sensor to the item.
- The status checks are now done in the admin area which mean this must remain open for the checks to complete, a countdown is shown to the next scehduled check, moving betweens tabs does not affect the countdown.
I want to have this out as soon as but I need to update the install instructions as there is now no need to provide domain admin details within the settings.asp which improves security.
The downside, yes there is one, is that given the high level of changes made to both files and the database I will not be providing a direct upgrade from v1.5.2 to v1.5.4 therefore I would suggest you setup a second site for v1.5.4 and once you are happy it is all setup as required shut down your v1.5.2 site.
Feedback as always greatly apreciated.
Last edited by ICTNUT; 7th December 2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Update new features
That sounds great Ozan! Is this issue I described above fixed? Or was this never a bug, and just something that doesn't work for me?
Yes the add service issue you had is resolved.
The other issue you had with no icons appearing on the status page was most likely down to permissions but as this has been changed and the status for each item is now being pulled directly from the database this should no longer present itself to anyone.
Look forward to the update
Can you clarify this?- The status checks are now done in the admin area which mean this must remain open for the checks to complete, a countdown is shown to the next scehduled check, moving betweens tabs does not affect the countdown.
To see the current status, there must be somebody logged in to admin? What about if we're using this to monitor services when we're off site, will the emails still be sent?
In previous versions the status page is what carried out the checks hence you had the loading icons while the check was being performed this also meant that the user accessing this page had to be a member of the admins group otherwise the page did not display as it should and checks did not happen.
As we had many requests for this page to be made available to all we move the checks to the admin area which means as long as the admin area is left open the check will be done, close the admin area and no checks.
This is the only way to do this without the need for client agents to be installed and we wanted this to have a much a zero footprint as possible.
If you look at the screenshot attached to the update post earlier you will see the new layout with the countdown on the bottom right.
nice bit of software
Looking forward to this, I can finally make sure I add everything in OK by starting again with the database.
Is it up?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)