+ Post New Thread
Wired Networks Thread, VLANs - Final move from Default VLAN to SCHOOL vlan for all devices in Technical; Hi, Can anyone please help/advise. We are moving from a flat network to VLANed. Our normal range IP is 10.50.*.* ...

Thank Post

VLANs - Final move from Default VLAN to SCHOOL vlan for all devices

Hi,

Can anyone please help/advise. We are moving from a flat network to VLANed. Our normal range IP is 10.50.*.*
    We have now set-up all our additional VLANs for cameras, BYOD, doors, Printers, etc on the 192.168.0/1/2/3.* range. This is all working well. ACLs are in place etc.

I am now a little confused on how we will move all our PCs/Servers from the default VLAN to the "SCHOOL NETWORK" Vlan?
    Obviously I do not want to chnage IPs on devices. But im confused on th fastest way to do this.
    What would the original switches IPs be?. They are currently on the 10.50.*.* range.
    Would we need to set-up a management VLAN?
    Could this be done one one day where staff aren't in? Or is this going to have to involve us walking around with COM/Cat5 cables to each switch?

Thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    I'm doing similar at the moment and I'm a bit stuck too, but I think you need to set the PVID to the "school network" vlan -
    (basically mimic vlan 1 on the school network vlan 10 - set all the ports to untagged I think)

the bit I'm stuck on is still accessing the management interface on vlan 1 - at the moment I left the port my pc is plugged into on pvid 1 and tagged it on the "school network vlan" I think. I can still access all of the sites switches this way
    Last edited by caffrey; 11th July 2014 at 07:41 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread