+ Post New Thread
Wired Networks Thread, Getting started with VLAN in Technical; Just getting started with VLAN. The procurve has port 48 set as TEST vlan id 10. Connected a test AP ...

Thank Post

Getting started with VLAN

Just getting started with VLAN. The procurve has port 48 set as TEST vlan id 10. Connected a test AP to that port. ProCurve has IP 172.17.2.52. I want wireless to have 172.17.3.x/24. Switch .52 is connected to .51 by bridge, .51 is connected to iPrism (filter) in bridge mode (basically traffic flows through and is scanned), iPrism to NSA 240 firewall (.2). Do I give AP a 172.17.3.x IP address (static)? DHCP is currently handled by NSA 240, how do I set it to give out ip addresses for the VLAN through that wireless? Do I need to do anything to switch .51? I actually know how to scan IP traffic going through the iprism.
    directdrawpic.png
    Image also here

Thank Post
    Maybe its me, but I haven't a clue what you are trying to achieve. You're bridging LAN segments in the classical, old-fashioned way, right? Or have I misunderstood something fundamental? Personally I've fixed all my access points' IP addresses, don't want them all over the place from a pool. Tell us more!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost79 View Post
    Just getting started with VLAN. The procurve has port 48 set as TEST vlan id 10. Connected a test AP to that port. ProCurve has IP 172.17.2.52. I want wireless to have 172.17.3.x/24. Switch .52 is connected to .51 by bridge, .51 is connected to iPrism (filter) in bridge mode (basically traffic flows through and is scanned), iPrism to NSA 240 firewall (.2). Do I give AP a 172.17.3.x IP address (static)? DHCP is currently handled by NSA 240, how do I set it to give out ip addresses for the VLAN through that wireless? Do I need to do anything to switch .51? I actually know how to scan IP traffic going through the iprism.
    directdrawpic.png
    Image also here
    What you need to do is this:

1. Untag the port on the second switch (172.17.2.52) that you are connecting the AP to on the 172.17.2.x VLAN. Your AP needs to have a fixed IP on your switch/network VLAN.

2. Tag that same port for all of the VLANs you are using for WiFi. This will allow the DHCP server to issue IPS on the WiFi VLAN.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread