+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
Wired Networks Thread, Using Smoothwall Express With a Cisco Layer 3 Switch? in Technical; Originally Posted by twin--turbo Well: My test laptop can get an IP, it gets DNS. I fire up firefox and ...
  1. #31
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,478
    Thank Post
    515
    Thanked 287 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    Well:

    My test laptop can get an IP, it gets DNS.

    I fire up firefox and try to go to google.

    It goes to the captive portal and I log on ( will change this to an accept button )

    And it goes directly to the citrix logon.

    I try to go to google, it does nothing.
    I try to ssh to our web server, it does nothing.
    I try any website other than the VDI.... It does nothing..
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Rob
    Thats great TT, how wonderful is Pf... and @SYNACK... PF is no longer funky with PPTP, there is a new version that is fine! - If you install 2.2-BETA0 (i386) PPTP has been improved as have many other features.

    The BETA is going to be released very soon.
    Last edited by cpjitservices; 15th November 2012 at 09:14 AM.

  2. Thanks to cpjitservices from:

    SYNACK (17th November 2012)

  3. #32

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,143
    Thank Post
    863
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    772
    Ah, it was still on their known issues list last time I checked so I was weary, beta also makes me a bit weary, in the non-google-BS meaning.

  4. #33

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,143
    Thank Post
    863
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    Thats great TT, how wonderful is Pf... and @SYNACK... PF is no longer funky with PPTP, there is a new version that is fine! - If you install 2.2-BETA0 (i386) PPTP has been improved as have many other features.

    The BETA is going to be released very soon.
    @cpjitservices - How do I get a hold of an iso for that?

  5. #34
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,478
    Thank Post
    515
    Thanked 287 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    just go to

    pfSense Open Source Firewall Distribution - Home

    download the latest beta, or download the normal i386 ISO and download the update zip file and do a firmware upgrade.

  6. #35

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,143
    Thank Post
    863
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    just go to

    pfSense Open Source Firewall Distribution - Home

    download the latest beta, or download the normal i386 ISO and download the update zip file and do a firmware upgrade.
    Couldn't find anything äbove 2.0.1 Through the site hence the question, hidden link somewhere or am I being blind?

  7. #36
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,478
    Thank Post
    515
    Thanked 287 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    I'll dig out the link for you today.

  8. Thanks to cpjitservices from:

    SYNACK (19th November 2012)

  9. #37
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,478
    Thank Post
    515
    Thanked 287 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Here's the link of the BETA we are currently testing....

    http://snapshots.pfsense.org/FreeBSD...18-1928.iso.gz

    It's a live CD - so you don't have to install it but there is an installer if you do want to install it.

  10. Thanks to cpjitservices from:

    SYNACK (19th November 2012)

  11. #38

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,143
    Thank Post
    863
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    Here's the link of the BETA we are currently testing....

    http://snapshots.pfsense.org/FreeBSD...18-1928.iso.gz

    It's a live CD - so you don't have to install it but there is an installer if you do want to install it.
    Thanks, I'll see how nicely or otherwise it plays with Hyper-V.

  12. #39
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,478
    Thank Post
    515
    Thanked 287 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Thanks, I'll see how nicely or otherwise it plays with Hyper-V.
    Never tried it in Hyper-V because I don't have a hyper-v environment, but it works in VMWare and Virtualbox.

  13. #40

    twin--turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    2,334
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 381 Times in 340 Posts
    Rep Power
    150
    I found out pFs can be made to run on a Watchguard.

    Fortunatly I have 3 redundant ones behind my desk Just waiting for a 4GB CF card to do the install

    Rob

  14. #41
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,478
    Thank Post
    515
    Thanked 287 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    I found out pFs can be made to run on a Watchguard.

    Fortunatly I have 3 redundant ones behind my desk Just waiting for a 4GB CF card to do the install

    Rob
    Yes Indeed it can, your'e a so and so though @twin--turbo - I've been waiting ages to get hold of one of those to try out this theory!!

    In the watchguards some of them have an IDE interfac so you could always use a standard HD if need be.
    Last edited by cpjitservices; 19th November 2012 at 02:58 PM.

  15. #42

    twin--turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    2,334
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 381 Times in 340 Posts
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    Yes Indeed it can, your'e a so and so though @twin--turbo - I've been waiting ages to get hold of one of those to try out this theory!!

    In the watchguards some of them have an IDE interfac so you could always use a standard HD if need be.
    Yep two X5500e-Peak and an SSL500 ( different ram and CPU ).

    They don't have the standard HDD interface for the IDE but I can get an adapter if need be. could put DansG on it with a HDD...

    And with the mial filtering I can built a UTM on dedicated HW rather than on a Virtual Machine...

    Will keep you all posted in a new thread when the ball starts rolling.

    Rob

  16. Thanks to twin--turbo from:

    cpjitservices (19th November 2012)

  17. #43
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,478
    Thank Post
    515
    Thanked 287 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    Yep two X5500e-Peak and an SSL500 ( different ram and CPU ).

    They don't have the standard HDD interface for the IDE but I can get an adapter if need be. could put DansG on it with a HDD...

    And with the mial filtering I can built a UTM on dedicated HW rather than on a Virtual Machine...

    Will keep you all posted in a new thread when the ball starts rolling.

    Rob
    Please do... something I've been wanting to try for a while.

    I'll look forward to the new thread. A HW UTM sounds good!

  18. #44

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,143
    Thank Post
    863
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    Never tried it in Hyper-V because I don't have a hyper-v environment, but it works in VMWare and Virtualbox.
    @cpjitservices - Won't even detect interfaces properly with the legacy adapters under Hyper-V, useless to me as we use Hyper-V and I'm not making a whole new VM server just for this. Found a custom zeroshell one that actually boots and even uses the synthetic adapters Rick's Blog: Exciting adventures with ZeroShell and Hyper-V

    The only one that actually seems to have made any effort to be remotely compatible with Hyper-V.

  19. #45


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    51.403651, -0.515458
    Posts
    8,878
    Thank Post
    226
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,968 Posts
    Rep Power
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Won't even detect interfaces properly with the legacy adapters under Hyper-V
    Probably too late, but there are drivers available for Hyper-V's synthetic NIC and IDE/SCSI controllers in FreeBSD-based OSs.

    http://freebsdonhyper-v.github.com/
    https://github.com/FreeBSDonHyper-V/...HyperV-drivers

  20. Thanks to Arthur from:

    SYNACK (20th November 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Smoothwall Express Error
    By netadmin in forum *nix
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 9th October 2007, 07:44 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th January 2007, 11:06 AM
  3. Anyone recommend Smoothwall Express?
    By OverWorked in forum *nix
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26th January 2006, 11:37 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •