+ Post New Thread
Wired Networks Thread, Netgear VLAN - routing on vlan 1 in Technical; Hi, An expert came in last week to configure vlanning on my 7328v3 switch. He messed around for aged getting ...

Thank Post

Netgear VLAN - routing on vlan 1

Hi,

An expert came in last week to configure vlanning on my 7328v3 switch. He messed around for aged getting it working and had managed to get routing to show between VLAN 1 and the others but i can't get it to work on another level 3 switch. When I go into the wizard on the GIU it says the vlan is already created and won't let me assign an IP, when i try and enable vlan routing on the cli it crashed the console out after telling me I can't get onto the management cos its assigned to vlan 1

I remember him taking ages to take the management off vlan 1 and then putting it back on after he'd got the vlanning routing.

Has anyone else had to do this?

My head is hurting as I have been trying to copy his config to get a simple vlan up and running for my IP cameras between a 7328 and a little 726s.

I have got the routing set up on the 7328 switch and shwoing but I am sure when he had a look it showed that the link was down but I can't find out how to get it back up or to show me in the CLI or GIU if it is actually down.

Also (soz)

As I have a couple of level 3 switches how should I set them up to talk to each other? They can't be stacked unfortunatley. one is a POE switch which i am using for my cameras also.

Any help would be great.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are you using VLAN1 for anything else other than management traffic, its best to have it isolated anyway with a device needing a card right on the VLAN to get to it anyhow.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread