As our minds now focus on a lovely 6 week or so break from Teachers we find ourselves thinking - 'What are our summer plans'
New Server Builds
and the list goes on...
My question is - What are your summer plans?
My list is:
- Add another Server to replace the job of 6. Using Hyper-V.
- Getting & Image 30 Intel Classmates
- 9 SMART Boards
- Replacement Core Switch
We have having a section of the school knocked down, this means relocating cables. We are moving some off our servers in one server room into the other one, in preparation for when that area is knocked down.
Fundraise the money to even consider projects! We've love managed wireless and a new ICT suite mainly, but it seems we're out of luck again, for the 4th year running..
Originally Posted by pettit87
Are you back in the UK now then or still down under?
Originally Posted by FN-GM
We've got a bit going on (server migrations, PC rebuilds, etc), however the project that we're excited about is VDI. We're in the process of starting it now to two rooms, then expand... :)
Removal of CC3, from scratch implementation of a vanilla+sccm2012 install, as well as new PC (self builds) and some major network testing :D
Most likely a MAC suite for music and iPads distributed through depts. that have asked for them. Few bits of software to deploy for next year, but that's about it.
Remove CC3 and replace with a vanilla network infrastructure and install Windows 7 on 1500 or so PCs.
Originally Posted by pettit87
Upgrade numerous servers to win 2008r2
Hopefully fix our Bloxx deployment.
Upgrade firmware on all our switches
Convert science rooms to normal teaching rooms with PCs in them.
Convert teaching rooms to science rooms (Yes, I do realise what I said in the line above this. No I don't want to talk about it)
Install new TV signage system
1. Fresh new Image build
2. Build another 2008 R2 DC/DNS/DHCP
3. Try and re-work the SAN to store ESXi datastores
4. New Email System and do all the MX records/firewall/ssl certificate etc.
5. New Filtering/Proxy device
6. New Wireless System with new PoE switches.
6. Move the FSMO roles and demote the old 2003 DC.
7. Re-Image 48 New Laptops
8. Have plenty of tea and biscuits
9. Deal with staff who insist on trying to use the system while we are trying minimise the downtime but still need to do the work.
Apart from that not much really
1. New PCs and Re-Vamp of the Music Department - long over due.
2. New ICT/GFX Suite Build - organising contractors, etc for Power, Data, A/C, etc, etc !
3. AV Installs and shuffling of various Smartboards around the School.
4. Introduce 64Bit Images around the School
5. Drink copious amounts of tea
6. Try and chill out abit
Taking a long vacation, this should be on everyone list as number 1.
Should be, but in reality that's just for teachers
Originally Posted by gjdb
Installing a high availability solution across 2 server rooms and an off-site location. I won't be getting a sun tan this year...
Replacing our Active Directory with 2 new Server 2008R2 domain controllers. Reimage 600 workstations and rebuild the file server to Server 2008R2 with quotas and restructure the shared folders.