Desktop Icons and default user profiles
Here's my problem,
- Students have redirected desktops, Staff do not.
- The folder that contains the icons for the students desktop is read only so they cannot delete or add icons.
- The redirected desktop folder contains shortcuts to My Computer, My Documents and IE.
- The default user profile in netlogon has no desktop icons. It used to have desktop icons for My Computer but when a new student is created, they were able to delete the My Computer icon because it was not in the redirected folder which is read only, which in turn meant that they couldn't access the drives.
- When a member of staff logs in for the first time, they don't have an icon for My Computer because they don't have redirected desktop.
My question(s) is, can I stop the student users from deleting icons that aren't redirected such as My Computer, or is there a way I can give the staff a My Computer icon without having to recreate the default user profile in netlogon, or can I create a default user for students and another for staff.