System Center Essentials (SCE) package of Office 2010 not installing after SP1
OK, so I haven't had time yet to fully diagnose this but wanted to get some info up now in case anyone else spots something similar.
After updating my System Center Essentials 2010 server to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and then adding the Windows 7 SP1 ISO to my WDS server, I decided to test a full rebuild over PXE.
Everything worked apart from one thing: my package for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 will not install - Windows Update reports error 0x80070570 every time. This error corresponds to "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable".
So far I've tried resetting the SoftwareDistribution folder, running the OS rebuild again, publishing a new package of the same Office setup files on SCE, and publishing a slightly modified version. This package has been working since I deployed it back in August. Every other package on SCE I've tried so far (more than 40 of them) works fine, it's just this one that is a problem.
I haven't yet tried the deployment on another machine, since they currently all have Office already. That will be my next test, but probably won't happen until Friday as I'll be at Microsoft tomorrow.
Any other suggestions or wisdom in the meantime gratefully received!