Removing Sparklebox Toolbar
Is there an easy to run script/tool that can automatically remove the sparklebox toolbar?
And if there was a nice script that could check if the default page was their search page and revert it to plan google (but leave it alone if on some other default page) that would be very nice.
Logistix Sparklebox Remover
I suspect this'll soon be in high demand, so I have created a Logistix Sparklebox Remover. It comes in MSI format and is ready to deploy to your network!
- Tested on XP SP3 with IE8 installed
- Comes in MSI format
- The contents of C:\Program Files\Sparklebox will be deleted. Only the folder Sparklebox will remain
- Sparklebox Toolbar entry within Add or Remove Programs will remain. When highlighted manually you'll be prompted to remove it from the list
- The IE Add-ons will be deleted
- Google will be set as the hompage when done!
In a network environment the domain(s) should be blocked using the appropriate filtering software. Alternatively (on standalones) edit the hosts file within: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc
I'm aware there's also a FF version and I am currently looking at this. Watch this space!