AD Bulk User Creation Utility with extras?
I know this pops up quite a bit but might have a slight twist for us so here goes...
Basically all our students are part-time and until now we've been OK with a shared area and machine-based logins. However time has caught up and getting some more "inquisitive :rolleyes:" students means it's probably time to implement logins. Also with VLE finally making strides I'd like to be using the LDAP authentication to keep everything tidy.
So basically what I need a bit of software to do is...
- take a CSV-exported list from our MIS software that has the following info firstname, lastname, studentID
- automatically create a username by combining the firstname and lastname e.g. joe.bloggs
- automatically handle any duplicates e.g. adding a number on the end etc and notifying of these at the end
- set the password as the student ID, never expire, cannot be changed
- set group membership
- set mandatory profile path
Anyone know of such software that fits the bill? So far I've looked at the Wisesoft speadsheet (nice but CSV import seems to be a pain, PowerShell cmdlets (got 1/2 way there then got stuck with the duplicates and also profile path setting) and a few others that seemed to do 1/2 the job...
Info much appreciated as always :cool: