A little issue to deal with
Hi fellow edugeeks,
I have a bit of a strange issue, however it could be a simple hardware issue. I have a HP laptop which I am trying to fix for the head teacher. However the issue is this when ever she is using word it crashes out when she comes to save the document. everything else works fine.
here is what I have done to date:
- ensured that all relevant office 2003 updates where installed.
- worked fine as admistrator and when tested with test account
however did not work a few days later when the head was using the laptop
- Uninstalled office and reinstalled and then updated to office 2003 SP3 along with all the other updates.
- checked again worked as administrator and worked when I tested it under the heads logon.
however after half term I recieved a phone call stating that it was not working
- a complete reinstall of windows xp
- updated to SP3 with all other patches applied
- office reinstalled and updated.
- fully checked and working as both administator and heads logon both while online and offline
- came back in this morning and the head is reporting the same issue.
the heads documents sync every day to the server for backup and to enable her to work from home.
I am sturggling to think of anything else that would be causing the issue.
other than that it is either a hardware issue or it is user fault.