updated Internet Settings not applying
I'm having an annoying problem with Home page settings for pupils.
A few weeks ago we changed the structure of our Intranet and Internet sites, and set our Intranet site up with SSL. This meant changing the hompage URL, I reset this for all users using their respective GPO settings and thought that was it... however a high number of pupils still have the old address when opening IE, though staff seem okay. We're running on a .2008 domain
I have done the following to troubleshoot:
- Run GPresult, the settings are okay
- Checked different OSs, the problem exists on XP, Vista and 2008 TS (I'm aware of the pre SP3 issue with folder redirection/IE settings on XP).
- Tested using a new user
- Tried different loopback settings, and without loopback.
- Tried setting using GPO preferences rather than in the usual policy location
- Setting the option to apply Internet settings even if policy hasn't changed
- Banged my head against the wall
- Searching google and edugeek!
Hoping someone here can come up with a few other suggestions!