Mandatory Roaming Profiles, Temp Internet Files and XStandard Pro License
We have a pretty big problem. I'll try and explain as best as i can...
We support a CLC with it's own staff and members.
We also support a High School with it's own staff and students.
We have roughly 4 types of users.
CLC Staff - Personal, Open, Roaming profiles.
CLC Users - One Mandatory, Roaming Profile for all.
School Staff - One Mandatory, Roaming Profile for all.
School Students - One Mandatory, Roaming Profile for all.
The profiles are all stored on the server.
Both the school and the CLC have access to a local authority "Learning Platform" accessed by the whole of the authority. This includes a feature of writing blogs and uploading material. This uses 'XStandard' editing tools.
The problem is that the full set of editing tools ("Pro") aren't downloaded when accessing the page.
CLC Staff can get them as it's an open profile for each person. If i open any of the other profiles, it works for them too.
So if the profile is closed, only a 'lite' version is downloaded.
**This is the weird bit. The first mandatory profile to access the page on that station DOES get the pro version!**
So, User1 logs onto PC1 with MandatoryProfile and gets the Pro version. They log off / reboot. User2 logs onto PC1 with the same MandatoryProfile and can only get the lite version!!
- This happens whether the profiles are deleted at logoff/shutdown or not.
- The license that is downloaded is called license.txt and seems to be stored in Temporary Internet Files
- It was stored in TIF for me, a technician.
- I've tried copying the TIF to the profile with no luck as they don't copy as a file would.
- I've tried creating the mandatory profiles after the license.txt file is downloaded but that doesn't not stay in the profile for some reason.
- I have also tried using open profiles with 'prevent roaming profile changes' set in a GPO, but that made it read only and still only got the lite version thought the profile was open.
I have been going round and around for a long time now trying sort this out with no luck.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.