Hi, I help to manage a wireless setup in a school. Despite several new wireless routers and new laptops, the staff are getting slow connections. The setup is as follows:
- school building layout is rectangular, single story
- there are 6 netgear access points (54mbps), spread out like the pockets on a snooker table.
- all APs have same SSID (wirelesss network name)
- I am using a channels 1, 5, 9, 13, with the APs closest to each other having different channels.
- Power of transmission is on full
- uses WEP 128
- no mac filtering
- laptops are xp pro, with correct wireless settings.
- 2003 server
The laptops will connect to the network and internet, just get can get a slow transmission despite a strong signal. This is just with 1 or 2 laptops connecting, not a whole suite of them.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your time.