Redirecting Application Data and other things
I have a few queries. This is in relation to Win2k3 SP2.
1. If I don't redirect the 'Application Folder' in a GPO for any of my users, does this mean whatever changes a user makes, for example, in MS Word by altering the toolbar or the layout.. the changes remain even when logging off and logging back on again?
2. And if I don't redirect the 'Application Folder', does this get stored in the user's My Documents? If so under what folder?
3. If I were to redirect the Application Folder, where would I redirect it to and what would I put in the redirected folder? Would it be \\servername\Application Folder because I've set up a shared folder called Application Folder?
4. In AD... right-clicking a username --> properties and going to the profile tab (I think).. you can define a person's home directory. Would I need to define a person's profile directory as well? Would you only do this if you were using mandatory profiles?
5. In a GPO, If I redirected the My Documents folder, would the path be: \\servername\users\%username%\My Documents or would it be \\servername\users\%username% ? I think the GPO sometimes automatically adds the 'My Documents' to the end of the %username%. Is this right or should I go with the former?
6. I've had a look at the Wiki and I'm not sure how to set up a profile that only students can share. I want it so that whatever changes they make it will always default back to how things originally were when they log back on again.
Many thanks in advance for reading.