Exchange and Outlook Newb
We currently have all sorts of different systems in place at our school, for our email, calendar, memo's, website etc etc etc...
I would ideally like to tie some of these systems together, to reduce complexity and to improve the school calendar as there are lots of complaints regarding its colour scheme, layout and also that the school email system is pretty average. We would probably start with email mailboxes for staff to begin with, but we already have lots of email accounts already in place for staff.
What I need to know is:
1) How easy is it to transfer email addresses from an existing email setup to exchange (we currently use SquirrelMail on Unix which is provided by the LA).
2) How easy is it to tie this in with outlook 2003 (which is on every client in school) and active directory, so that when users log onto machines, email notifications show up almost straight away!
3) How complex is the calendar feature in exchange/outlook and can you setup a school calendar, as well as personal planners/calendars for staff?
4) We would also like to setup some sort of pre-organised address books (so that staff can send out emails to the leadership group, hods, heads of year very easily, as well as personal address books?
5) SquirrelMail provides web-access for staff at home, when they are not in school. Is it possible and easy to provide exchange access at home via a web interface (I have heard of Outlook Web Access)?