WSUS Client won't connect after messing with proxy settings
I was playing with the Windows Live installer the other day and noticed that it wouldn't work on our site, after some poking around i discovered that it doesn't work well from behind a proxy and it doesn't use the IE proxy settings.
I used the proxycfg.exe tool to set the WinHTTP service proxy and off it went, brilliant, or so i thought. The problem is that my WSUS server hasn't seen my box since. I used the proxycfg.exe tool to set the proxy back to blank as it was before but when i analyze network traffic with Wireshark i can see the WSUS client still seems to be asking the EMBC proxy where our WSUS is.
I've deleted all of the WSUS settings i can find but it's still not working.
Teach me to fiddle :-)