CTRL-ALT-DEL works but nothing else..
This is a weird one and it's hard to know if it's a hardware or windows OS issue but I thought I'd better ask.
PC being worked on suddenly dies in the midst of some typing (presumably working on Word). Reboot brings up usual login screen but:
- CTRL-ALT-DEL works
- No other keys work at all aside from the '4' key which brings up a euro symbol.
- caps lock doesn't respond either
Anyone got any ideas at all?
Possible vectors include:
- power tripped out thanks to a smartboard install in the room
- the install may have caught or caused something but that'd be a bit odd
- replace keyboard with a USB one (no joy)
- power off (at socket) and power back on (yes, Roy I tried that :P)
- standard reboot, etc...
This one is pretty weird tho' I'll say that... :confused: