Wanted: A decent image organiser/something that can make a webpage from image folders
I teach reception (that's little people, not another word for the office) and to please some bod in government I have to collect evidence to prove that these little 4 year olds can meet 100-odd criteria grouped within 10 or so categories. Much of this is photographic (plus some video, hopefully) so here, surely, the trusted computer can help!
I have found PhotoMesa that is almost perfect! It:
- Allows the addition of comments to each photo.
- Allows the addition of tags/categories to each photo that can be organised within sub categories.
- Easy searching based on folder name & category.
It stores the comments etc.. in IPTC tags within the image.
However, it doesn't allow you to export these into a slideshow, or printout or webpage or anything! (for sharing with parents at parent's evening) So I need something that can make a website from a folder of images but include some of the IPTC tags.
This could be a free/cheap product I use in addition to PhotoMesa or something that would do both jobs.
If it's the latter, ideally it would also:
- Allow photos to be moved between folders (seems obvious but photomesa can't)
- Handle video and possibly audio files
Thanks for reading. Here is a picture of photomesa that sort of shows how I would like to use it.