URGENT: Disk Imaging Vendor Solutions for Backup & Recovery
I really need your help! My boss wants me to write a report to compare and make recommendation on which, or which combination of the 4 disk imaging backup solutions is the best solution. Please see below for details.
What am I looking for?
Pros and cons of the following vendor products:
1) Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery (Servers and Workstations) 7.0
2) Symantec Ghost Suite 2.0
3) Acronis True Image (Server and Workstations) 9.1
4) Paragon Drive Backup 8.51
The environment roughly consists of:
Applications built in C++ and Visual Basic
Window 2000, 2003, NT servers
MS SQL Database Servers at the backend
I am interested in knowing:
1) If anybody has already performed a study/comparison on these products
2) Any information on the pros and cons, strengths and weakness, technical challenges experienced in implementing/using these products
3) The challenges faced by these products in restoring on dissimilar hardware
4) Information on backup and recovery based on disk imaging, disk cloning under Window environment (eg. Technical challenges, pros and cons)
Please help if you can. Thanks a million!!!!