+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Wierd GPO Screensaver/Password Issue in Technical; Hi, The powers that be have told me to apply a 10 min screen saver and require that staff have ...
    Thank Post

Wierd GPO Screensaver/Password Issue

Hi,

The powers that be have told me to apply a 10 min screen saver and require that staff have to input their password in order to de-activate it. This is because of the electronic registration and staff walking away from machines issue.

Easy I thought, and it was until I got a report that a member of staff who is the only one using that room, that when she went to log back on it said that it was in use by someone else.

I assumed that she had forgotten that the person listed had logged in but now I've heard the same story from two or three people and have seen for myself a PC that is very unlikely to have been used by the member of staff that the system says is logged on.

It appears that a random name is being used and it's not happening on all machines.

I've had to remove the "Password protect the screen saver" option for now but I'd like to know what the cause is.

Any ideas?

Cheers

HBJB

Thank Post

Re: Wierd GPO Screensaver/Password Issue

I don't have any suggestions regarding your problem, but you may be heading for another......

Our staff use their laptops to drive projectors & IWB as well as for registration, and screen savers kicking in part way through a lesson & wiping out their IWB while they are talking to the students does not make you very popular.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by broc
    I don't have any suggestions regarding your problem, but you may be heading for another......

Our staff use their laptops to drive projectors & IWB as well as for registration, and screen savers kicking in part way through a lesson & wiping out their IWB while they are talking to the students does not make you very popular.
    Yep - getting that already. I got trapped in the corridor this morning with a whole bunch of teachers surrounding me having a right go. I only wish SMT had seen it 'cos it was tantamount to bullying.

HBJB

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Heebeejeebee
    Quote Originally Posted by broc

Yep - getting that already. I got trapped in the corridor this morning with a whole bunch of teachers surrounding me having a right go. I only wish SMT had seen it 'cos it was tantamount to bullying.

HBJB
    sounds like you could do with some support, my smt are great, they help me with any potentially difficult problem and will shoulder blame.

Thank Post

I have to say SMT are good at my school as well but all staff are off on a long weekend (Friday & Monday) so even if I mentioned it nothing would get done.

HBJB

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread